Final Thoughts

I have really enjoyed being able to working to work in Miss Adair's class. I learned many new teaching strategies and identified areas that I can work on to better my personal techniques. This class was a good first experience in the classroom for me! They paid attention and were willing to go along with each lesson that I planned. I am grateful to Alyssa (Adair) for her help with the classroom management part of each lesson. There are specific things that she has worked on with her class to teach them how to self-regulate, and the students respond well to them. I will adapt some of those in my own classroom (for example, using chants, practicing procedures, and having specific cues to name a few). Lesson planning each week for the various activities has been great practice as I have thought through first grade standards and how each relates to a principle of drama. I will implement what I have learned through this experience when I have my own classroom!

I will really miss these kids, but I am grateful for the time I had to work with them!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Visit! (September 18, 2018)

Third Visit! (October 23, 2018)

Second Visit! (October 16, 2018)